Solve is currently seeking an intern who will roll up their sleeves and get hands-on experience. We’re looking for someone who is hungry to learn, jumps in wherever needed, and is eagerly interested in exploring a career in branding and advertising. And we’re looking across disciplines. If you’re interested in account management, you’ll be influencing planning and strategy to coordinating execution. If creative is your thing, you’ll be designing or writing from concepting to execution on projects that you’re assigned. Or if strategy, research, planning, managing budgets and buying media is where your heart is, you can find all of that in our connection strategy media team.
Some of the things you'll do
You’ll report to an assigned mentor from your department, working on real client initiatives, alongside teammates and agency leaders, getting real world experience
Specific duties include:
- Participate in Friday lunches with department leads to learn valuable agency insights
- Assisting in the planning process by using media tools such as MRI/Simmons and Kantar to determine which media will effectively connect with consumers
- Support department operations, including process and workflow throughout the agency
- Interact and collaborate with cross-functional agency teams on a daily/weekly basis
- Deliver on assigned tasks. Some examples per department include:
- Account management: Prepare briefings and status reports, conduct competitive and industry analyses, manage projects and timelines, collect consumer landscape, etc.
- Creative: Concept to the brief, research industry trends and technology. Copywrite, edit, leverage communication channels, and proof, or, concept and create illustration, typestyle, photography, storyboards and layout designs, etc.
- Media: Conduct trend and other research, gather data, strategize, contribute to briefs, plan, send and confirm media orders to budget and brief, work with media vendors, gather and inspect proof of publication, etc.
- Internship from June – August 2020
- High school senior/graduate or college attendee
- Ideally, major and/or coursework in advertising, marketing, communications, PR or related area
- Ability to work 30+ hours a week
- Self-motivated, proactive, driven to exceed expectations
- Leader on campus and off
- Strong communication skills and collaborative
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Eager to ask questions and challenge the norm
- Remains cool under pressure
- Sociable and likes to have fun
Solve, an independent Minneapolis-based branding and advertising agency, was founded in late 2011, has been recognized twice by Ad Age as a “Small Agency Of The Year” and has also been named one of North America’s Top 15 most effective independent agencies by PSFK. The company’s silo-less, client-first model gives marketers a refreshing alternative to traditional agency structures and priorities. At Solve, we stress collaboration, innovation, and champion smart, fresh thinking in all we do for our clients. For more information visit www.solve-ideas.com.