To apply, send your portfolio and resume to email@example.com with “Art Director” as the subject line.
Solve is seeking an Art Director who is as driven to do remarkable work as we are.
If we’re a good fit, you’re conceptually driven and understand those big ideas work across all mediums. You have a promising portfolio and some production experience. You love the craft of art direction and bringing ideas to life. You’re highly collaborative and enjoy an environment where creativity isn’t limited to one department.
As an Art Director, you can take ownership of assignments and see them through. You stand up for your ideas but can take direction, both from senior creatives and feedback from others.
Most of all, you’re ambitious because if you’re looking to make the best work of your career, we have a buffet of opportunities.
Some of the things you'll do
- Working collaboratively across all departments to solve our clients’ business challenges in innovative ways
- Must be able to concept breakthrough creative ideas that are on strategy
- Concepting ideas that break through the clutter, both with others and on your own
- Working with your writing partner and other creative partners to prepare work to be reviewed by a Senior Creative, ACD or Creative Director
- Hands-on art direction and design to give our work the right aesthetic and help to create persuasive presentations to sell the work through to clients
- Honing your ability to present work with confidence both internally and to clients
- Working with production partners and vendors
- Going all-in to help the agency win new business pitches and grow
- Remaining cool, calm and collected under pressure
- 3+ years experience in an agency environment
- Integrated background that goes beyond broadcast or traditional media, i.e., fluent in digital/social
- Ability to bring lots of conceptual ideas to the table
- Ability to bring fresh, distinctive art direction and design to the work
- Good design instincts, aesthetic taste, and solid typography
- Some production experience, including experience on shoots, and in post-production, including editing, color grading, and online finishing
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) on day one
- Knowledge of Lightroom and Keynote is a plus; we use Keynote cloud collaboration daily
- Basic interactive design experience a plus
Solve is an award-winning, independently owned advertising agency and two-time Ad Age “Small Agency of The Year.” We’re strategically focused, creatively driven, and relentless in our drive to solve our client’s challenges in remarkable ways. Our model delivers big agency experience without big agency baggage, with an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration across all departments, as well as with our clients and partners. Talk with us at www.solve-ideas.com