Senior Art Director
Solve is seeking a Senior Art Director who is as driven to do remarkable work as we are. The position will be full-time WFH/remote while needed, then full-time in our downtown Minneapolis office.
If we’re a good fit, you’re conceptually driven and understand that big ideas work across all mediums. You have a strong portfolio and solid production experience. You love the craft of art direction and bringing ideas to life. You’re highly collaborative and enjoy an environment where creativity isn’t limited to one department.
As a Senior Art Director, you can take ownership of projects and see them through. You stand up for your ideas, but take direction, and mentor others so that everyone grows.
Most of all, you’re ambitious because if you’re looking to make the best work of your career, we have a buffet of opportunities.
Some of the things you'll do
- Working collaboratively across all departments to solve our clients’ business challenges in innovative ways
- Must be able to concept breakthrough creative ideas that are on strategy
- Working with your writing partner and other creative partners to prepare work to be reviewed by an ACD or Creative Director
- Hands-on art direction and design to give our work the right aesthetic and create persuasive presentations to sell the work through to clients
- Presenting work with confidence both internally and to clients
- Juggling the virtual WFH environment through the alchemy of Zoom, Slack, Keynote cloud collaboration, and whatever comes next, so we never miss a beat
- Working with production partners and vendors
- Going all-in to help the agency win new business pitches and grow
- Remaining cool, calm and collected under pressure
- 5-8 years experience in an agency environment
- Integrated background that goes beyond broadcast or traditional media, i.e. fluent in digital/social
- Ability to bring fresh, distinctive art direction and design to the work
- Good design instincts, aesthetic taste, and solid typography
- Must have solid production experience, including experience on shoots and in post-production including editing, color grading, and online finishing
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) on day one
- Knowledge of Lightroom and Keynote is a plus; we use Keynote cloud collaboration daily
- Interactive design experience a plus
Solve is an award-winning, independently owned advertising agency and two-time Ad Age “Small Agency of The Year.” We’re strategically focused, creatively driven, and relentless in our drive to solve our client’s challenges in remarkable ways. Our model delivers big agency experience without big agency baggage, with an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration across all departments, as well as with our clients and partners. Talk with us at www.solve-ideas.com