Junior Art Director
Solve is seeking a Junior Art Director looking to launch their career in a fast-paced environment providing lots of opportunity and mentorship to learn and grow. The position will be full-time WFH/remote while needed, then full-time here in our scenic Minneapolis office.
If we’re a good fit, you’re conceptually driven and have the desire to bring those ideas to life. You have a portfolio that shows promise, and you’re ready to fill it with produced work. You love the craft of art direction and are honing your skills daily. You’re highly collaborative and enjoy an environment where creativity isn’t limited to one department.
As a Junior Art Director, you bring a wealth of ideas to the table whether you’re asked to or not. You’re reliable, and you take ownership of the things you’re working on. You stand up for your ideas but can take direction from senior creatives as well as feedback from people in other departments.
Most of all, you’re ambitious because if you’re looking to learn your craft and build your book, we have a buffet of opportunities.
Some of the things you'll do
- Working collaboratively with writers and across all departments to solve our clients’ business challenges in innovative ways
- Must be able to concept breakthrough creative ideas that are on strategy
- Working with your writing partner and other creative partners to prepare work to be reviewed by a Senior Creative, ACD or Creative Director
- Hands-on art direction and design to give our work the right aesthetic and help to create persuasive presentations that sell our work through to clients
- Learning to present work with confidence both internally and to clients
- Juggling the virtual WFH environment through the alchemy of Zoom, Slack, Keynote cloud collaboration, and whatever comes next, so we never miss a beat
- Learning to work with production partners and vendors
- Going all-in to help the agency win new business pitches and grow
- Remaining cool, calm and collected under pressure
- Up to 2 years experience in an agency environment
- Strong aptitude for digital/social media as well as a basic understanding of traditional media
- Ability to bring conceptual ideas to the table
- Ability to bring fresh, distinctive art direction and design ideas to the table
- Ability to take creative direction from senior creatives
- Good design instincts, aesthetic taste, and typography
- Basic proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Knowledge of Lightroom and Keynote is a plus; we use Keynote cloud collaboration daily
Solve is an award-winning, independently owned advertising agency and two-time Ad Age “Small Agency of The Year.” We’re strategically focused, creatively driven, and relentless in our drive to solve our client’s challenges in remarkable ways. Our model delivers big agency experience without big agency baggage, with an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration across all departments, as well as with our clients and partners. Talk with us at www.solve-ideas.com