Solve is seeking a Copywriter who is as driven to do remarkable work as we are. The position will be full-time WFH/remote while needed, then full-time in our downtown Minneapolis office.
If we’re a good fit, you’re conceptually driven, and understand that big ideas work across all mediums. You have a strong portfolio and some production experience. You love the craft of writing and you love bringing ideas to life. You’re highly collaborative, and enjoy an environment where creativity isn’t limited to one department.
As a Copywriter, you can take ownership of assignments and see them through. You stand up for your ideas, but can take direction, both from senior creatives, as well as feedback from others.
Most of all, you’re ambitious, because if you’re looking to make the best work of your career, we have a buffet of opportunities.
Some of the things you'll do
- Working collaboratively across all departments to solve our clients’ business challenges in innovative ways
- Must be able to concept breakthrough creative ideas that are on strategy
- Concepting ideas that break through the clutter, both with others and on your own
- Working with your art direction partner and other creative partners to prepare work to be reviewed by a Senior Creative, ACD or Creative Director
- Writing scripts, headlines, alt lines, campaign lines, and taglines, as well as copy for everything from advertising to collateral
- Writing and proofing presentations to persuasively sell our work to clients
- Learning the voice of various brands and writing in that voice
- Honing your ability to present work with confidence both internally and to clients
- Juggling the virtual WFH environment through the alchemy of Zoom, Slack, Keynote cloud collaboration and whatever comes next so we never miss a beat
- Working with production partners and vendors
- Going all-in to help the agency win new business pitches and grow
- Remaining cool, calm and collected under pressure
- 3+ years experience in an agency environment
- Integrated background that goes beyond broadcast or traditional media, i.e. fluent in digital/social
- Ability and desire to bring lots of conceptual ideas to the table regardless of the project
- Good writing style
- Some production experience, including experience on shoots, in editing, recording VO, sound mixing
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Knowledge of Keynote is a strong plus; we use Keynote cloud collaboration daily
Solve is an award-winning, independently owned advertising agency and two-time Ad Age “Small Agency of The Year.” We’re strategically focused, creatively driven, and relentless in our drive to solve our client’s challenges in remarkable ways. Our model delivers big agency experience without big agency baggage, with an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration across all departments, as well as with our clients and partners. Talk with us at www.solve-ideas.com