Senior Art Director / ACD Art Director
Solve is on the hunt for an ambitious art director with fresh ideas, tasty design skills, and the desire to jump headfirst into the scrum of a small, fiercely independent creative shop hell-bent on making effective work that can’t be ignored. From concepting to comping, presenting to production, you will be an essential part of our growing team. As a senior level creative, you’ve already put together a strong book of work showing your chops. Now you’re looking to take it to the next level, and you’re all-in. Not just for the big ideas, but sweating the littlest details. If you’re up for the challenge, we want to talk.
Some of the things you'll do
- You love coming up with innovative ways to solve challenges because ideas are our business
- You’re equally in love with the craft of bringing those ideas to life, and your book reflects that craft
- You made the rad art direction in your book, and you’re hungry to make a whole lot more
- You want to be pushed and challenged and will push and challenge us in return
- You get that we work in a world where every media is your canvas, so you’re well-versed in everything from video to social media, and have a good grasp of pop culture
- Must play well with others, and enjoy the collaborative process — because we’re all about it
- You bring positive energy and enthusiasm because it’s a pretty rad job and you’re a pro
- Ability to present well is a bonus. Ability to light up a room is a huge bonus — but ideas and craft come first
- Ability to work fast and with all kinds of budgets is a must
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years experience in an agency Art Direction or Design role
- If you’re an ACD you have some supervisory experience, if you’re a Senior AD you’re ready to get some
- You shred Adobe CC. Lightroom skills are a bonus.
- Effective problem-solver
- Hungry, curious, driven
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial, creative environment
Solve, an independent Minneapolis-based branding and advertising agency was founded in late 2011 by four agency leaders and longtime colleagues. The agency has been recognized twice by Ad Age as a “Small Agency Of The Year” and has also been named one of North America’s Top 15 most effective independent agencies by PSFK. The company’s silo-less, client-first model gives marketers a refreshing alternative to traditional agency structures and priorities. At Solve, we stress collaboration, innovation, and champion smart, fresh thinking in all we do for our clients.