Senior Media Strategist
Solve is currently seeking to fill a position for a Senior Media Strategist—a professional with 6-8 years of experience that’s looking for an outlet to express their passion, creativity, and strategic problem-solving skills in today’s ever-changing media landscape. Working in a fun and fast-paced environment, the right candidate is a critical thinker, skilled negotiator and excellent client and team leader. They’re driven to stay ahead of media evolution and experienced at planning and implementing all forms of media.
Some of the things you'll do
The Senior Media Strategist will work with the agency’s lead Digital Strategist to develop key objectives and on-going connection/media strategies on behalf of the agency’s clients. They must be adept and proven in working with clients, agency leadership, external partners and inter-disciplinary peers to set a vision, effectively communicate it, and ultimately get the job done. They must be comfortable managing and mentoring reports, helping them grow and develop. They need strategic thinking skills and the ability to distill large amounts of data into actionable insights, staying one step ahead of the media landscape. And they must possess deep experience with multi-platform media planning and negotiating including National Television (Network/Cable/OTT/Addressable), Consumer Magazine, local and experiential activations.
Specific duties include:
- Translating client objectives into compelling media strategy
- Helping identify and understand key audience(s), how to engage them with impact
- Collaborate with Creative & Digital Strategy teams to develop campaign approach
- Author and articulate multi-platform media framework
- Develop and lead negotiations strategy and implementation, ensuring vision and goals are met
- Create and deliver presentations to partners and clients
- Lead process to audit and evaluate competitors’ media efforts
- Stay current with prevailing consumer and media trends
- Mentor and grow staff
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, or communications
- 6-8+ years in Media Planning
- Experience planning, negotiating National and Connected TV, Radio, Consumer Magazines, and local media
- Experience planning digital media a plus
- Ability to demonstrate success stories of prior work
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal/presentation
- Proven ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary team to achieve established goals
- Experience with MRI, Kantar, and other media tools
Solve, an independent Minneapolis-based branding and advertising agency was founded in late 2011 by four agency leaders and longtime colleagues. The agency has been recognized twice by Ad Age as a “Small Agency Of The Year” and has also been named one of North America’s Top 15 most effective independent agencies by PSFK. The company’s silo-less, client-first model gives marketers a refreshing alternative to traditional agency structures and priorities. At Solve, we stress collaboration, innovation, and champion smart, fresh thinking in all we do for our clients. For more information visit www.solve-ideas.com.
To apply, send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Media Strategist” as the subject line